Yesterday, December 5th, 2008, my daughter turned 19 years old! WOW!!! How do the years go by so fast?!? This was the first year that we didn't get to celebrate her birthday with her on her birthday! She went to a concert in Waterloo with her best friend. She had a great time, so I am happy about that!
We celebrated her birthday today. We gave her, her presents from us this morning - the big one was a Wii. Wow, that is a fun game - I never knew what we were missing out on. Now, I am in search of a Wii Fit (like most everyone else it seems!) We went out to for a late lunch early supper at a new Japanese Steakhouse. It was fun. I always love that dinner and a show! My sister and her husband, my mom, and Ashley's friend joined us. Ashley and I have went to another Japanese Steakhouse in town before - but this was Steve's first time. He really liked it. After supper, we all came back to our house to open presents and have birthday cookie cake. That is what Ashley picked this year. A great big decorated cookie! I will post some pictures later.
I got to open birthday presents from my mom and my sister too. (My birthday is on Monday.) My sister got me the most COMFORTABLE slippers ever from Sam's Club - they are Dearfoams - soft and warm! LOVE THEM!!! She also bought me one of the special Chatterbox Christmas Kits that Sam's Clubs had. (I do have to admit that I knew about both and picked them out when we were shopping together one day.) I LOVE that Chatterbox kit - it so packed full of cool stuff I cannot wait to play with it! Which is exactly what I plan to do starting tomorrow through Wednesday. I am on vacation till Thursday - so I am going to try to relax, watch movie and catch up on some scrapbooking! Yippeeeee!!! (plus it is supposed to snow 7 inches over the next few days - how cool! I LOVE SNOW!)
It is late, so I had better catch some sleep. I will try to get some fun pictures posted tomorrow.
December Daily® 2023 | Paint + Play with Jill
-
Hello friends! Welcome to Paint + Play with Jill! My intention for this
series is to experiment with this year's December Daily® mixed media
products to ...
2 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment